Job Search

Latest jobs with G4S

Birmingham SIA Security Event Stewards

Return to Search Results
Job Reference: G4S/E/1402
Job Category: Events Stewarding and Security
Contract Type: Temporary Casual
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Location: Birmingham
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
Country:United Kingdom

G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: June 30, 2018
Package Description: 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), Company sick pay scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Contributory Healthcare Scheme and other benefits

Job Introduction:

Are you looking for a little bit of excitement and a change from your usual routine? Do you hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor badge? If so, please read on.

Do you like sporting events, cricket, horse racing, festivals and music concerts?

Are you an outgoing 'people person' who enjoys the buzz of live events?

If you answered yes to the above, G4S Events would like to invite you to apply to be a Security Steward to work at some of the most prestigious events at Edgbaston Stadium, Birmingham and across the UK.

These exciting opportunities could see you working at large scale events which include International Test Matches, ICC Champions Trophy, The Grand National, the Golf Open Championship, Silverstone F1, T in the Park, MCFC, Burnley FC and other cricket and football matches, as well as countless others.

Role Responsibility:

As a Security Steward you will be helping in all manner of ways including, but not limited to:

  • Searching
  • Response Teams
  • Hospitality and Bars
  • Providing general guidance to the public.

"My job varies from event to event, every shift is different. The best part of the job for me is the other people that I get to work with, everyone is cool. We get to mix with other employees from other offices and of course the customers. You get to chat to lots of people and it is a constant learning curve for me as I'm constantly learning new things from the interaction with different people from different countries and cultures." Aydarous

Our staff provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff at an event.

The Ideal Candidate:

You must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid SIA Door Supervisors License. Ideally you will have previous stewarding or customer care experience, however this is not essential as training will be provided. Excellent verbal communication skills and a common sense approach are essential. An aptitude to working with the public, a friendly, approachable and professional manner are all important but, above all, flexibility is key.

"My role is 98% customer service - even though i work in a security role its all about the customer, being positive and having a happy face. The other 2% is dealing with disruptive people, which can be challenging." Sam

You are only required to complete one online application form to work for G4S Events throughout the UK. Once you have clicked the apply button, you must complete your application to be considered for all Events jobs. Once submitted you will be unable to complete any other application for G4S Events within the next six months. 

Apply for this job

52.4678741165391 -1.89805835878284


Career Centre Cookies

The Career Centre stores essential cookies. It also stores cookies to improve your experience. Although you may turn cookies off, this may affect your enjoyment of the site. To see more information on how we use cookies please click here. If you continue to browse our site without turning cookies off we will assume you have consented.