Preston NE FC Events SIA Security Stewards 2017
Job Category: Events Stewarding and Security
Contract Type: Temporary Casual
Salary: £9.00 per hour
G4S Region: UK & Ireland
G4S Business Unit:
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
G4S Events are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our team to work at a Preston North End Football Club.
Are you looking for a little bit of excitement and a change from your usual routine?
Are you available to work all or most home matches at the football ground?
If you answered yes to the above, G4S Events would like to invite you to apply to be an Events SIA Security Officer to work at Preston North End Football Club, in addition to some of the most prestigious events in and across the UK in the New Year.
These opportunities could see you working at large scale events such as The Grand National, The Golf Open Championship, Liverpool International Music Festival, Silverstone F1, T in the Park, other football and cricket matches as well as horse race meetings at Aintree and Haydock Racecourses.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of customers at busy events by providing a high visibility security presence. You will be responsible for protecting the security and safety of the buildings and personnel. You will carry out duties at busy public events ensuring duties are carried out in a professional manner and that the events are safe and compliant.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any call made by control in relation to crowd disturbances.
- SIA Hospitality roles
- Deal with crowd disruptions (sometimes physical removals/extractions)
- Robust response when required.
- Body and Bag searches if required.
- Monitor crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action to resolve as necessary.
- To ensure that the secured zones within the venue remain free of prohibited and restricted items.
- To follow protocol when dealing with alarms/incidents which require escalating to the next level.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You must be aged 18 years or above.
- You must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor or Close Protection license.
- Experience of working within a similar role would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience in delivering a personal and professional customer experience.
- Flexibility - have to be able to work all or at least a high percentage of match days, regardless of kick off time or day of the week.
- A professional demeanour with sound judgement and integrity.
- Confident in interacting with high level visitors and management.